In the food and beverage business, you must be careful on how to handle the diners. There are a few mistakes taken for granted that cause patrons not to come back. A well-defined customer service will predetermine how well you are going to fare in the restaurant world. This is the very lifeline of any restaurant business, thus it must be critically observe.
Starting a restaurant business is not easy considering the fact that there are too many competitors out there.
Study the top 10 mistakes below to avoid committing it in your food and beverage business:
- Never interrupt the diners when having a conversation even if it is not very serious.
- Do not let the servers hover nearby as if the diner is going to steal the utensils. It is very irritating to have a listening server at hand.
- When removing the unwanted wares on the table, do not do it obtrusively.
- Do not allow servers to ask if the diner wants his/her change. It is rude to ask for a tip in such a manner.
- Servers often neglect to serve cold water as soon as the diners are seated.
- Servers are not well-oriented about the food and beverages served especially when the diner is not familiar with it.
- Do not ignore difficult customers, always attend and listen to their complaints.
- Do not let customers raise their hands for so long for lack of attention when they need something.
- Never keep the customers waiting. Should there be kitchen problems and cause the serving to be delayed, inform the diner.
- Always practice good send-off messages to customers.